Friday, February 22, 2013

Word Art Photo Panel

I have seen a lot of date word art panels on Pinterest so I thought I would have a go at making my own. Creative Memories have just released their photo panels and so I was excited to create a masterpiece for my home! With photo panels, the picture or word art is printed onto a solid, slim-line metal surface so it is like a picture and frame all in one. The panels come in four sizes (8x8, 11x8.5 landscape, 8.5x11 landscape or 12x12) and I am thinking I will definitely get the largest option!

I collected the significant dates I wanted on the panel and got to work. I wanted quite a modern look as I want the panel to stand out and be a talking point in my home. Black is always going to be my first choice when it comes to large fonts, and then I added pops of red to make the names stand out and also the word "day". The red will match my kitchen when I finally re-do it, and I have the perfect spot in mind of where to put this panel. Finally, I added a rugged overlay to the panel to give it a distressed look, which I think will go great with the either metallic or the classic photo panel option.

 


I used Storybook Creator Plus 4.0 from Creative Memories to create this word art, as well as the following kits and fonts:

Rugged Alpha Set
Brush MT script
Lucida Sans Typewriter
All Roads Lead Home Digital Kit
Rugged Digital Overlays.

Now to get it ordered- still deciding on whether I want a classic or metallic finish but I am looking forward to seeing it and will be sharing it with you when it arrives!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...