Saturday, February 9, 2013

Fairytale Birthday card

This week's CASology cue card stumped me for a while....

 

 
Then I remembered some of the fairy stickers I had come across after a big clean out a few weeks ago. My niece has a birthday coming up so I made this card for her as she loves fairies.
 
 

 
For some reason the ribbon and wording looks a bit crooked in this photo, but it looks fine in real life! I stamped the sentiment in Wisteria Wonder and used the same colour to sponge around the edges of the square. I rounded the edges of the card to match the centre shape, which is then popped up on Foam Squares. The purple strip and fairy are stickers from my very old stash (2007!) so I am glad to find a home for them. I think the sentiment matches the cue card perfectly. The purple strip and the fairy have glitter accents on them, so I like the fact that this is a girly card yet still simple to make, as the stickers did most of the work for me!
 
Supplies used:
 
Creative Memories: Fairy stickers, White cardstock, Lilac cardstock, CCS with square shapes, foam squares.
 
Stampin' Up: Wisteria Wonder Ink, Bring On The Cake stamp set.

6 comments :

  1. Adorable - this will be a perfect little girl birthday card! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, what a fun card! I love that you found these goodies in your stash...the colors and elements go together beautifully! Your niece is going to adore this card! Thanks for playing along again this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect image for this challenge Lauren! Love the purple and white colour combination! Thanks for joining in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found a home for them, too, Lauren! This is such a sweet card for your niece!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always makes me happy when I can use up some older stuff in my stash! Such a pretty, girly card and the stickers are perfect for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely adorable... your niece will be thrilled to get this cutie!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...