Thursday, February 21, 2013

Tan Fingers

My mum has a really old, falling apart handwritten recipe book with all of the gems from my childhood. I recently borrowed the book and copied all of the recipes I remember and love. One of these was Tan Fingers- a base with a gooey layer of caramel topped with dough and chocolate chips. Yum!

You will need:
  • 175 g butter
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 2 cups flour
  • 50 g butter
  • 1 tbsp golden syrup
  • 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  •  
    Melt together the butter, condensed milk and golden syrup and leave to cool.
    Grease and line a 9x13 tin. Cream butter and sugar and mix in vanilla. Add flour to form a stiff dough. Put two thirds of this mixture into prepared tin, pressing it in firmly. Put the remaining third in the fridge.
    Spread the melted condensed milk mixture over the base.
    Sprinkle the chocolate chips over this.
    Remove the rest of the flour mixture from the fridge and crumble over top of the chocolate. Bake at 150 degrees C for 50 minutes. Leave in tin to cool and then cut into fingers.

    Good thing I remembered to take a picture as I was cutting it up, before some certain grubby fingers got their hands on a piece!


    Linking up to Real Family Fun.

    1 comment :

    1. These look and sound so yummy! I love any kind of bar cookie or sweet. So much easier, to me.
      Thanks so much for linking up at my link party.
      KC

      ReplyDelete

    I love getting comments!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...