Thursday, February 7, 2013

Owl softie and card

I am so lucky to belong to a wonderful group of online Mamas with July babies. We share stories, ask advice, and share our experiences. I have not met any of the ladies in real life as most of them live in America, but it always good to know there is someone I can turn to when I have a question or just need to vent.

We participated in a Valentines present exchange, and my baby boy was paired up with a sweet wee girl called Natalie. Her mum wasn't too fussy about colours of theme, so I turned to my new favourite website, Felt. I found an adorable owl softie from the seller stitchaholic and immediately knew it would be a great personalised present for Natalie.

The whole process was so easy- the seller emailed me some fabric options and I chose the design, and then she made it and posted it to me. She was quick and efficient with her emails, and I was so thrilled with the end result!



Look at that cute owl fabric! The wings fold close over the softie, it has a rattle inside and the owl came in a purple organza bag ready for gift giving.  The owl can also be made in a bigger size. Such a cute and unique gift for babies that can be easily customised- check out her Felt store for more fabric and colours.

Note: I was not paid or asked to write this review- I am doing this because I loved the product!

Of course, I had to make a card to go with the owl softie and this is what I came up with.

 

 
The owl and hearts are from retired stamp sets. I used baker's twine for the balloon strings and popped the hearts up on Foam Squares for some pop. The sentiment was punched out then inked to stand out, and I added some red paper to the edges of the card for some interest.
 
Creative Memories:
White cardstock, Cheerful Valentines Additions, Foam Squares.
 
Stampin' Up: Punch Bunch stamp set, I Heart Hearts stamp set, Teeny Tiny Sentiments stamp set, Modern Label Punch, Soft Suede Ink, Bravo Burgundy Ink, Melon Mambo Ink,  Rose Red Ink, Cherry Cobbler Ink, Lucky Limeade baker's twine.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...