Thursday, February 28, 2013

Homemade Spice Rubs gift platter.

I struggle to think of fun, useful gift ideas for the men in my life. My brother recently had his birthday and I know he likes lollies, but I wanted to give him something else as well, as I have given him just lollies for the past couple of years. Most men I know love to BBQ and eat meat, so I decided to do some homemade rubs, insipred by these ones I saw on Pinterest.

I bought three clip close glass jars with different colured lids and a small white platter to put them on. Then I bought some wrapped lollies and spices. The three rubs I made were:

Brown Sugar Rub:
2 T. brown sugar
1 T. salt
1 T. paprika
1 T. chili powder
1 T. ground black pepper

Tandoori Rub:
1 T. ginger
1 T. cumin
1 T. coriander
1 T. paprika
1 T. turmeric
1 t. cayenne

Greek Rub:
1 T. parsley
1 T. coriander
1 T. paprika
1 T. turmeric
1 T. salt
1 T. chilli flakes
 
I placed each one in a different container and printed off some labels I made on the computer using Creative Memories Storybook software then punched them out using my circle punch. I placed each label on the container using Glue Dots. Then I placed the glass containers on the platter, securing each one at the bottom with a bit of Blu-Tack, and spread the wrapped lollies around the jar.
 
 
 
Yum! An easy gift for a guy that is not too expensive and takes less than ten minutes to put together. The jars and platter can be used again, and the lollies are always appreciated!
 
I am linking up to Real Family Fun.

1 comment :

  1. Great gift idea! I use CM Storybook as well. I love all that it can do...so much fun and cute stuff.
    Thanks so much for linking up at Real Family Fun.
    KC

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...