Saturday, February 2, 2013

First Birthday Card

I am so lucky that I got three nephews last year, my boys will have lots of playmates growing up! Of course, this means lots of first birthdays ahead, so when I saw the sketch at Seize the Birthday I knew I should make a first birthday card to be prepared.

Here is the sketch:

 
 
 

 
I deviated from the sketch a bit as I was playing around with ribbon and wanted the card to look like a wrapped present. I used some blue ribbon for the middle strip as well as the banner down the bottom, I hope that is OK! I also continued the circle theme of the paper over into the other card elements. The "1st" circle is popped up on Foam Squares for some dimension.
 
I am looking forward to making two more baby boy cards in the coming weeks!
 
Supplies used:
 
Creative Memories: Discover Baby Boy Kit, Discover Paper Buttons, Discover Paper Frames, Whitw cradstock, Cloud cardstock, 12" Rotary Trimmer with straight and scoring blades.
 
Stampin' Up: Bashful Blue Grosgrain Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots.

1 comment :

  1. Hi Lauren - this is a really super duper first birthday card :)
    You have chosen such lovely pastel colours and I love how you have put this together.

    Thank you for your visit to my blog and your much appreciated comment - how lovely to hear you have a little Adam too :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...