Saturday, February 9, 2013

Getting Fit Friday- Spinach Enchiladas

I am finally over the yucky tummy bug I had last week, and by some small miracle the weight I lost has not come back. I am still sitting comfortably at my goal weight, even with a few indulgences this week.

My goals for last week were:

Drink 6 glasses of water each day.I managed this- I am still limiting myself to two cups of coffee a day and chilling my water has made such a difference.

Have two vegetarian meals this week.
We had pumpkin soup and garlic bread on Saturday as we were still feeling a bit yucky, and then had Spinach Enchiladas for tea on Wednesday night. They were amazing so I thought I would share the recipe with you (see below).

Have a fruit platter for Monday night dessert.
It rained all day Monday and so I ended up warming the apricots and putting granola on top. Still a fruit dessert, just a warm option!

Eat a healthy option when I go out for dinner on Sunday.
We ended up going out for breakfast as it was easier to get a babysitter. I only had a half portion of the Eggs Benedict, but I did allow myself to indulge a bit as I was needing some food after my tummy bug! I am glad I did not get the full portion, it was enough to satisfy me and I really enjoyed being out for a meal with my husband to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

The Spinach Enchiladas I made were a fantastic vegetarian meal, as my whole family loves Mexican inspired food and no-one missed the meat. I based it on this version but I used low fat versions of all the dairy products, cut down on the amount of cheese and used light tortillas.

Ingredients:
  • cooking oil spray
  • 1/2 cup sliced green onions
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach thawed, drained and squeezed dry
  • 1 cup light ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup  light sour cream
  • 1 cup shredded cheese
  • (6 inch) light flour tortillas
  • 1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Spray saucepan with oil spray and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and onion; cook for a few minutes until fragrant, but not brown. Stir in spinach, and cook for about 5 more minutes. Remove from the heat, and mix in ricotta cheese, sour cream, and 1/2 cup of cheese.
In a skillet over medium heat, warm tortillas one at a time until flexible, about 15 seconds. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the spinach mixture onto the center of each tortilla. Roll up, and place seam side down in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over the top, and sprinkle with the remaining half cup of cheese.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until sauce is bubbling and cheese is lightly browned at the edges.

On to my health and fitness goals for this week:

Cook a special and healthy Valentines Day meal for my husband.
Buy some new underwear! All my unmentionables keep slipping down when I walk, not a good look when I am wearing a skirt.
Do the Summer Arms Challenge each day.
Send my son off to his first day of preschool with a healthy lunch.

Linking up to Getting Fit Friday! I would love for you to join us.

1 comment :

  1. That recipe sounds yummy! Good job on showing some restraint, especially when going out to eat! That sounds impossible for me! lol

    thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...