Sunday, February 3, 2013

All Star card

My husband and I played soccer for our school teams, and my three year old loves to kick around a soccer ball. So when I saw the cue at CASology this week, soccer was the first thing that came to mind.

 


I love the green of the soccer pitch, so chose the pops of green for the background and paper strips. The green paper has a subtle, mud-splashed feel to it- who doesn't get muddy during a soccer game? The soccer balls were stamped with Basic Black ink then popped up with dimensionals. Finally, I embossed the white background with stars to match the "All Star" sentiment. which was a sticker I put on white cardstock and cut out.

 


A simple soccer card for my sports mad toddler!

Supplies used:

Creative Memories: White cardstock, Green cardstock, Soccer Additions, Foam Squares.

Stampin' Up: Family Favourites stamp set, Basic Black Ink.

Craft Concepts: Embossing Folder Starry Night

Cuttlebug

6 comments :

  1. Lauren, I LOVE your sweet soccer card! I have two sons who both play for travel soccer teams and they play all year round! I think they would ADORE this card, as I'm sure your sports mad toddler will! The dry embossed stars are perfect, as are the strips of green leading up to each ball. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous soccer card! Love the green paper you used and the embossed stars in the background rock! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun soccer card ~ I love your placement of the soccer balls and green paper. It really gives a feeling of movement. Fantastic embossing folder too (another item now added to my wishlist).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your background embossing, it compliments the Cue Card word perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the star background and the placement of the balls to indicate moving forward! Clever and subtle! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren great play on the soccer theme. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...