Thursday, February 14, 2013

A card for my Valentine

My husband and I tend not to celebrate Valentine's Day too much as we have our wedding anniversary close to February 14th. But everyone needs a card! I already had a concept in mind when I saw the challenges over at CASology and Use It Tuesday.

 


Fasten your buttons.
Anchor your eyelets.
Tighten those brads.

This week, we want to see your FASTENERS!!

The buttons I used for this card have been in my stash since 2009, as well as the rub ons. I purchased both of them when one of my favourite stores was having their closing down sale, which was before my three year old was born, so I am glad to finally be using them! Of course, the buttons and cardstock are a burgundy red in keeping with the CASology cue card.

I embossed the burgundy cardstock for a romantic lace look, and used a variety of burgundy buttons to make a heart shape. The rub on I used has some meaning for my hubby, as he is a fan of The Beatles.

Happy Valentines Day!

Supplies used:
Creative Memories: White cardstock.
Stampin' Up: Bravo Burgundy Cardstock, Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder.
Kaisercraft: After Five Collection rubons.
Other: Cuttlebug, buttons from my stash.

4 comments :

  1. So original - I love your button heart! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love the deep red of your button heart! So creative! Glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. clever card... love the button heart!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how fun is this! I love the buttons forming a heart...clever! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...