Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Holidays card

I love it when I unexpectedly find something I can use for my crafting stash. I got my husband a wedding anniversary present last week and the package came wrapped with some red baker's twine. I instantly put it by my craft desk because I knew I could use it on a card or layout. The I saw this week's sketch at Merry Monday and knew exactly what I could use the twine for!

 


Here is my card.


The twine reminds me of candy canes, one of my favourite things about Christmas! I even had a candy cane hot chocolate when I was making this card. The trees are from a new stamp set I just received last week, and I was excited to use up some Christmas paper scraps I had found during the weekend.

I like this card the most out of all the Merry Monday challenges I have done so far, this one will be put away for an extra special person!

Supplies used:

Creative Memories: Primary Christmas Kit, White cardstock, 12" Rotary Trimmer with Straight and Scoring Blades, Foam Squares.

Stampin' Up: Merry Messages Stamp Set, Merry Minis Stamp Set, Crumb Cake cardstock, Framelits Labels Collection, Garden Green ink, Cherry Cobbler ink.

Other: Red Baker's Twine, Cuttlebug.

6 comments :

  1. Wonderful card, I love the papers you used and that twine is fabulous. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "candy cane" twine and the sweet trees, Lauren! Great papers too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why this card is special - it's beautiful!! That's some of the prettiest twine I've ever seen and it really does look like candy canes! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card, fantastic twine. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you were able to use that fantastic twine on your sweet little card this week! It's wonderful! So glad you were able to play with the Merry Monda sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I see the candy canes too...the twine looks great! Such a sweet card! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...