Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Christmas Elegance

Merry Monday has a very broad theme this week- Elegant Christmas cards. Elegance to me is rich colours, cream, jewels and lace, so I kept that in mind when creating my card.

 
And my version of an elegant card:
 
 

 
I used Bravo Burgundy cardsotck for the base, and matted it with a dark green PP that had a slight pattern to it. Then I cut out an embossed circle that reminded me of lace in a cream paper, and added the JOY stamp punched out onto the cream paper and popped up with foam squares. A little bit of bling completed the look.

Supplies used:
Creative Memories: Noel Paper Pack, Foam Squares.
Stampin' Up: Bravo Burgundy Cardstock, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Joyous Celebration stamp set, Bravo Burgundy Ink, Garden Green Ink, Basic Rhinestone jewels, large oval punch.
Other: Cuttlebug


5 comments :

  1. Very nice card Lauren, I love the texture you added. Thank you for playing along with us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love your embossing! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant indeed, Lauren! So pretty! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty take on the challenge, I love this embossing folder! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Lauren! Love the embossing and your colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...