Saturday, April 6, 2013

Couch to 5K

I hear about the Couch to 5K running programme a lot. And today, I decided to look into it to see just how hard it would be to do with my limits due to my hip issues.




I figure if I do the walking and running with the buggy it still counts, it is better than nothing right? It looks achievable and I can do the workouts on Fridays, Sundays and Tuesdays, adding in Thursdays at week 5.

This, in conjuction with my Wheelie Fit Mums workout sessions once a week on Wednesdays and the Mama Laughlin arms workout for the next ten weeks should see me through!

So off I went to pick up my son from preschool and fit in the first ever workout on the chart. I tend to walk ten minutes there and back each Thursday and Friday to get him anyway, so I thought that adding a two minute job in between the walk times would be easy. It wasn't too bad, I had to end up running past the preschool and then doubling back but I was still three minutes early to pick him up so that worked for me. Running with the buggy definitely helped as I could look down and not feel like a complete weirdo! Running in public is probably going to be the biggest hurdle for me as I always worry about what other people think, but getting outside is free and makes me feel relaxed after I do it.

After tea I did the first session of the arms workout- that was a killer! Definitely worked up a sweat and my arms were quite sore by the end of it.

Because I am a sucker for before and after comparisons ( excuse my bad posing!)-

 





Weight: 51kg (112lbs)

Bust: 88cm (34.5 inches)
Arms: 26cm (10.2 inches)
Waist: 68.5cm (27 inches)
Hips: 88cm (34.5 inches)
Thighs: 46cm (18 inches)

So over the next ten weeks I expect to see a change in both my legs and arms, as well as a definite improvement in my endurance. It would be nice to get my belly fat down too- I will be focusing on the diet side of things next week. After having two children that is definitely my problem area, and taking pictures right after dinner probably doesn't help either.

This is my first week linking up with Fitness Friday. I am looking forward to seeing everyone else's blogs and checking out what they are doing to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

1 comment :

  1. Welcome to Fitness Friday!

    I've heard great things about C25K! Good luck. I'm looking forward to following you on this health and fitness journey!

    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...