Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Flower Birthday Card

One of my good friends celebrated a birthday this week, and as she is a crafty type I thought I would make her a lovely birthday card.

The sketch this week over at Seize The Birthday was perfect for the card I had in mind.

 


My favourite colour at the moment is Rasberry Ripple, and I paired it with white and touches of green and yellow to make a sweet floral card. The floral stamp was inked on to white cardstock, then I inked it again and cut it out, bending the petals and placing it on foam squares for dimension. The yellow circle and leaves finished it off.

The strip down the side is a roller stamp, and I also cut out some cardstock with a wavy edge to add some more iterest to the side.

 


The result is a card I am very happy with to give away to a great friend!

Supplies used:
Creative Memories: White cardstock, Yellow cardstock, Cactus cardstock, 12" Rotary Trimmer with straight, scoring and small wavy blades, Foam Squares.
Stampin' Up: Little Leaves die, Raspberry Ripple ink, Raspberry Ripple cardstock, Petite Petals roller wheel stamp, Printed Petals stamp set, Create a Cupcake stamp set.

3 comments :

  1. Love this card and the way you used the d/p on the border and the flower.very creative

    Thanks for the inspiration. I am trying hard to use up my d/p.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 3-D flower is stunning Lauren, so happy you could use your card!! I'll bet your friend loved it. Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that flower is so pretty!! I Just adore this card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...