Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Christmas books for Children 2014

Christmas books are always popular stocking stuffers, or a great idea to add to a Christmas Eve box. Here are a few books that my sons have enjoyed at Christmas time, as well as a few new titles that have been released this month.


Christmas Book Ideas for Children



Christmas Alphabet is a beautiful story that this year celebrates it 20th anniversary and comes complete with a gold collectible ornament. A great gift idea for those who know a child who loves Christmas.

Stick Man is a funny, whimsical story that my boys discovered this year, which happens to feature Santa! 

The Smallest Gift of Christmas is a beautifully illustrated story that will be in my son's Christmas Eve box this year. The illustrations appeal to most ages, and older children will be able to appreciate the message behind the story.


The Christmas Stick has been described as a "fun little picture book" but it also has a powerful message behind it. 

Merry Moosey Christmas is a hilarious tale of a substitute reindeer, sure to get a giggle out of anyone. This book is a new release and I have already heard some great things about it. 

The Nutcracker is a Christmas classic that has now been released in paper-over-board format. The lavish illustrations bring a new level to the story, and event the font is whimsical and appealing.

The Runaway Santa is another book that my boys will look forward to this year, as Fireman Sam is always popular in our household! 

Lego City: Save This Christmas is another book that will be immensely popular with any Lego loving children- my nearly 5 year old loves Lego books and this one looks to  be the same high quality and as well thought out as the other Lego books we own.

Another Lego book well worth getting is the Christmas Caper Activity Book, which comes complete with a minifigure. These books are amazing- we have three other versions of these activity books and they are used over and over again. Plus, the minifigure adds that extra excitement!

Lynley Dodd's book are a classic New Zealand read, and Slinky Malinki's Christmas Crackers is a book that would make a fantastic gift from grandparents or other family members to a young child. This book will be treasured for years, and I know all of my Lynley Dodd books are still going strong after 27 years!

Lastly, another New Zealand classic is We Wish You a Kiwi Christmas. This book would be lovely to send to New Zealanders living overseas, or to people who have relatives or friends living in New Zealand.

I hope these books have given you some great ideas for expanding a child's library this Christmas. Reading is such an important part of my life, and I love that now I can share my love of books with my children. 

Linking up with Motivational Monday, Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop, Wow Me Wednesday and Time For Mom.

Time for Mom

1 comment :

  1. What a great selection of books! I especially love the Smallest Christmas Gift and like the introduction of The Nutcracker to young children.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...