What is this award all about?
I think Vanessa said it best when she wrote that the Liebster is an award for bloggers awarded by other bloggers. It’s a kind of peer recognition and a really fab way to find new blogs, make new friends and generally have a lovely and encouraging virtual online hug in the blogosphere.
Sounds like fun, and I love making bloggy friends!
Here is how it works.
- Link back to recognise the blogger who nominated you
- Answer ten questions given by the nominator;
- Nominate ten other bloggers for the award;
- Create ten questions for those nominees to answer;
- Tell your nominees the great news;
- Get yourself a Liebster Award button for your blog.
1. What/where was the best meal you have eaten?
I vividly remember the venison and duck dishes I shared with my husband at the Sofitel Queenstown- it was absolutely amazing! We had gone down there to celebrate his birthday and I had managed to get free accommodation at the Sofitel so we made the most of it by trying out their spa facilities and food, which didn't disappoint.
2. Carrie, Samantha, Miranda or Charlotte? Big or Aiden?
Can I confess that I have never seen an episode of Sex and the City? At least I knew who you were referencing though! And I would probably be like Carrie if I had her wardrobe.
3. Where did you go on your last holiday?
I actually just returned yesterday from a weekend in Hanmer Springs- I was helping to run a scrapbook retreat so I did have to do some work, but there was still time for socialising, wine and a massage.
4. If you could have a $500 shopping voucher for one store, which one would you pick and why?
I would love a Whitcoulls voucher- books are my happy place and I could get lots of reading under my belt with $500 worth of books!
5. What is your most sentimental treasure?
My scrapbooks- I have over 20 and my children love looking through each album. I would be devastated if anything happened to them as I have put so much time, effort and love into the pages.
6. New York, London or Paris?
I would have to say New York- only because I have an amazing "Moms Group" based in America and would love to do a big meet up with them as well as experience the Big Apple. I loved the character Stacey in The Babysitters Club and always wanted to visit New York as well because of her.
7. What was the last compliment you received?
My sister and friend told me that they liked my boots today! I always get cute little comments from my four year old son as well, such as "oh Mum. I like your earrings" or "Mum, your hair smells like candyfloss".
8. When you were a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
I had huge dreams of becoming an author, so blogging is probably as close as I am going to get to that dream. I do have a couple of friends and also know a few bloggers who have published books though, so it could still be a possibility.
9. What is your favourite book and why?
Ooh, this is a tricky one! I read anything, and always have my nose in a book. One of my favourite authors is Philippa Gregory, and I can read her Wideacre Trilogy over and over. Her way with words is wonderful, and she really gets down to intricate details with each character. No-one in the book is introducted to the story-line without a reason, and I find her books have made me a lot more informed about the Tudor reign.
10. How long have you been blogging for and tell us a little about your blog?
My first post here was published on January 11th 2011. I described my blog as being a place to share my food, scrapbooking, craft and fitness ideas. I have expanded that to some clothing and preschooler related activities as well, but for the most part I think I have stayed true to what I set out to write about.
Thanks Vanessa for letting me share a little bit more about myself! To keep the fun going, I have now nominated ten bloggers to share a little bit about themselves.
Jill at Enchanted Homeschooling Mom
Iris from Love, Iris
Treena-Marie from Creative Mama
Vicki from Knocked Up And Abroad
Sherri from God Life Happy Wife
Carrie from Curly Crafty Mom
Jasmine from Fleurty and Fit
Karen from Made With My Two Hands
Val from Fab Chick Gets Fit
Rachel from Can't Google Everything
I looked on your blogs and tried to see if you ladies had been nominated- as far as I can see you haven't but please let me know if you have already done this! Here are the questions I have for you.
1. What is the most terrifying thing you have ever done?
2. How do you relax?
3. Are you a tea, coffee or hot chocolate drinker?
4. How many siblings do you have, and how well do you get on with them?
5. What is one of your favourite blog posts and why?
6. Have you ever been overseas, and if so, where to?
7. Do you sing in the shower?
8. What is your preferred road trip music?
9. How often do you see a movie in an actual cinema?
10. What colour are your nails right now?
I hope the nominees get a kick out of answering these questions- I look forward to reading them so please let me know when you have answered them! Be sure to check out all of these lovely ladies, they each have inspired me in some way.
I hope you enjoyed reading my answers too, did you learn anything new about me?