Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Birthday Roar

My son is still obsessed with dinosaurs- what little boy isn't? I made this card for a special boy having a birthday soon.

The layout was inspired from the Seize The Birthday sketch:

 
I also jumped over to the Use It Tuesday site for some inspiration, and their theme of "Masculine" was perfect.
 
Here is what I came up with!
 



Sorry about the lighting, we are expecting snow in a few hours here, so it is very gloomy at the moment!

I used some really old Creative Memories paper scraps from 2007, as well as a button that has been sitting in my stash for a couple of years. I am loving baker's twine at the moment, so that had to make an appearance and luckily I found some green twine in my pencil case.

The blue and green combination are the birthday boy's two favourite colours, so I am excited to see his face when he gets the card!

Supplies used:
Creative Memories: Celebrate Paper Kit, Corner Rounder, Green and White cardstock, Tape Runner, Foam Squares, Black pen.
Stampin' Up: Dinoroar stamp set, Lucky Limeade ink and twine, Bashful Blue Stampin' Write Marker, Basic Black Ink, Blender Pen.
Buttons Galore: Haberdashery Buttons- Classic Green.

1 comment :

  1. Very cute Boy cards are hard thanks for sharing.

    Desiree @ YourCraftyFriend

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...