Sunday, June 17, 2012

Choco Coconut Banana Muffins

I always seem to end up with bananas that need to be used in baking- a lot of them end up in the freezer too! I decided to bake some yummy muffins today with some of the frozen bananas I had in my freezer. I love the flavour of coconut, so these have a very tropical taste to them.

You will need:

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed banana
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 tsp coconut extract (can sub vanilla if needed)
1 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup chocolate chips (not pictured)

Preheat oven 180C.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.

In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs until well combined, then whisk in the mashed banana, coconut milk, butter and coconut extract.

Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until just combined, making sure no streaks of flour remain. Stir in shredded coconut and chocolate chips.


Pour batter out into prepared muffin tins. I find this mixture gives me two batches of standard muffins and two batches of mini muffins, which is perfect for snacks for the week for the whole family, plus anyone who decides to pop in for a coffee.


Bake for 25 minutes for mini muffins or 30 minutes for standard sized muffins. Best served warm, but will keep for 3-4 days in an airtight container.




No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...