Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Green Vegetable Pasta with Tomato Sauce

It's time for the Tasty Tuesday link up today! Just click here to be taken to the main page.

My contribution this week is a pasta dish that is very versatile, as you can use whatever green vegetables you have on hand.



The ingredients are very simple. You will need:


1 1/2 cups of shell pasta (I used gluten free)
Green vegetables of your choice (I used asparagus and celery)
Parmesan cheese
Homemade marinara sauce (recipe below)

The forst thing is to make the marinara sauce if you do not have some already on hand. I really like a recipe from skinnytaste.com. Saute 1 tsp minced garlic in 1 tbsp of olive oil for one minute, and then add a can of crushed tomatoes, a bay leaf, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp dried basil and salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and you have a yummy sauce for your pasta. This sauce easily doubles or triples, and freezes well.

Boil the pasta according to the package directions. Steam or saute your green vegetables while the pasta cooks. Drain the cooked pasta and stir through the marinara sauce and cooked vegetables. Serve with some Parmesan cheese on top. Simple and tasty!

1 comment :

  1. This looks positively delicious! And I love the way you laid out the ingredients and photographed them!

    As for lifting my layout I'd be honored. Feel free to link me up when you do and to link to my blog if you share it. Thanks for the sweet words.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...