My son has suddenly decided he didn't want Weetbix for breakfast anymore, so I have had to make do with finidng ways to use up all the leftover breakfast cereal. While this recipe is not the healthiest, it is better than a lot of options out there and it keeps the husband's lunchbox full of goodies for a minimal cost. Plus, the Weetbix helps towards your fibre intake.
You will need:
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup dessicated coconut
3/4 cup soft brown sugar
3 Weetbix, crushed
125g butter, melted
200g dark chocolate melts
30g extra butter
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Line a shallow 28cm x 18 cm cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut, sugar and Weet-Bix.
4. Make a well in the centre and add melted butter. Stir with a wooden spoon.
5. Press mixture firmly into the prepared tin.
6. Bake 20 minutes, 180 C. Remove from oven and stand to cool for 10 minutes before icing.
7. Make icing: Stir chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat until melted.
8. Spread over the warm slice, smoothing with a flat bladed knife. Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles.
9. Allow icing to set and cool down before cutting into squares.