Wednesday, August 31, 2016

WCW- Gluten Free Lemon Loaf



I have been trying my hand at gluten free baking, and I have come up with a way to use my bounty of lemons at the same time.

This lemon loaf is perfect for those with coeliac disease or gluten sensitivity- but everyone who sampled this loaf did't realise it was made with gluten free flour. That is a win in my book!

Here is what is needed to make the lemon loaf. If you do not have lemon oil, feel free to substitute normal vegetable oil and add in one extra lemon.



The batter is so fluffy and yellow, with beautiful chunks of lemon zest shining through.



Out of the oven, it made my entire house smell delicious!



Most of this loaf was gone before I had the change to take a photo, but here you can see the lemon glaze and the light, moist inside.



Totally good with coffee, for 3pm nibbles or even for breakfast!

print recipe

Gluten Free Lemon Loaf
Ingredients
  • 1 2/3 cups gluten free self raising flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 3 lemons
  • 1/3 cup lemon flavoured oil (can sub with vegetable oil)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 150 grams lite sour cream
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 cups Chelsea lemon icing sugar
  • 2 tablespoons hot water
Instructions
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.Zest the three lemons and place in a mixing bowl with the salt, sugar and oil. Mix lightly then add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla extract. Add the sour cream and milk to the mixture, as well as the juice from the three zested lemons.Fold in the gluten free flour and pour into a loaf pan.Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes.When the loaf is cool, mix together the icing sugar and hot water then spread over the top of the loaf.
Details
Yield: 1 loaf

1 comment :

  1. I just love anything with lemon, so I know I'd love this! I haven't tried any gluten free recipes, but I almost thought I was going to have to when my husband gave up gluten for a short time. ;)

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...