Saturday, May 24, 2014

Print Challenge Recap

This week, I have been taking part in the Style and Shenanigans Print Challenge- wearing a different type of print each day.


This has been great fun and has taken me out of my comfort zone on a couple of occasions.

Stripes- I wore my new batwing top from Sammydress with my comfortable black pants.


Leopard/Animal- I got this cardigan from an op-shop for $3 so finally dragged it out of my closet. I teamed it with pearls and a black skirt to tone down the print a bit, as I always feel that animal print is very intense!


Floral- one of my favourite KMart tees, perfect for going to Playgroup and getting covered in Play-Doh.


Spots- an entirely op-shopped outfit apart from the shoes! This skirt is one of my go-tos, and I usually team it with a black shirt, but today I brightened things up with a pink jersey.


Check- I actually have other check and geo print items in my closet, but the weather was being funny today and so it was too warm for my check wool skirt and too cold for my geo tank top. I compromised by wearing these adorable Miss Sixty shoes, which were a present from my sister.


Print Clash- once again, I stuck with black! Floral, swirls and stripes all go together quite well as they are in the same colour family. A touch of red brought out the colour in the tunic, and some fun black and white accessories completed my outfit. Perfect for a Saturday at home!


I would love to know which day was your favourite outfit- Floral was my pick for the week.

I have discovered that a lot of prints in my wardrobe are black based, so I have decided it is time to add some more colourful patterns to my wardrobe. Come back on Tuesday when I will share some of my colourful pattern picks for Winter!

5 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for joining in this week! It's been great to see your outfits every day. My favourite is the animal or the stripes - both classic! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see your wrap-up of the week! :)

    I played a long with the challenge for a couple of days, was fun thinking of a different way to get dressed, nice inspiration! :)

    My favourite outfit has to be the spot one - that skirt is so pretty on you and I like it with the bright top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the print clash - it looks fab! x K

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a totally awesome job - love every single one of your outfits!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...