Thursday, November 14, 2013

Off To School!

Tomorrow we celebrate the birthday of a boy who is turning five and off to school! I wanted to create a school themed birthday card for him.

I always look at blog challenges for inspiration these days, so I am linking up with:

Use It Tuesday: Stick it- time to use up your sticky stuff!! We are talking stickers, tape, anything with adhesive!!

The Memory Nest: Crafty Creations #5.

And Freshly Made Sketches:


My hoarded school stickers came in handy for this one. I have had the school kit since 2008 when I started my husband's childhood album.



I used the alphabet stickers for two of the bold stripes, and the background paper is from the same kit. Triple matted to really emphasise the colours since no stamping was used on this card and I wanted it to still be interesting. I also used a chipboard "5" sticker that I have had for at least three years.

*sigh* I just realised that the patterned paper is upside down. I hope he still likes it!

Thanks for stopping by. It is a long weekend here so I am hoping to get lots of craft time in.

Supplies used:
Basic Grey: Cupcake Chipboard Die Cut Stickers.
Bazzil: Breaker Bay Smooth cardstock, Sour Lemon cardstock.
Creative Memories: Primary School Kit, Custom Cutting System.

5 comments :

  1. My oldest is going to be going off to kindergarten in the fall. I'm not sure I'm ready. Cute card! Thank you for playing along with us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for a little boy just starting school! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for a little boy's birthday. And don't think of the paper as upside down, think of the crayons as falling out of the boxes. ;) That's how they normally end up in my house. Thanks for joining in at Use It Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love the primary colors and school theme. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. I love that 5. Hope your son had a great birthday. They grow so fast. Thanks for linking up to crafty creations! Hope you will share again soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...