For the full list, please click here.
The items we have yet to do are:
- Feed a baby goat
- Fly a kite
- Hop over waves at the beach.
- Look for crabs in the rocks, starfish in the rock pools.
- Plant a spring flower to watch it grow.
- Pick fruit off of trees
- Watch a caterpillar become a butterfly
- Explore the forest, touching everything.
- Play ‘ look high/look low’ and see what types of creatures or plants they see.
- An open gym day where your child can free play in the foam pit, the trampolines and the mats.
- A Children’s Museum
- Sand castles
- Playing with those arts and crafts poms poms
- Anything messy.
- Mud pies, mud holes, mud body paint
- Make goop, gak or slime
- Handprint art- we have tried this once and it was a complete disaster so I will revisit this!
- Pudding Paint
We plan to go to Arion Farm this weekend so we should be able to cross "feed a baby goat" off the list.
Looking at the list, a lot of the outdoor things have not been crossed off yet. Lucas has never been to the beach and so this summer we will have to take him. We also have a kite but have never flown it, so that is one item we should be able to cross off soon.
Some of the things we have done are:
Dress up- Lucas pretended to be Puss In Boots last Friday and is still wearing the boots and hat today!
Feeding the ducks
Playing in the snow
Watering neighbourhood flowers- this one was hilarious as he went to my next-door-neighbour's backyard and started squirting their hose everywhere. He didn't need prompting, this was one of those lovely spur of the moment toddler ideas that just happened to be on the list!
Read books together- we do a lot of this and Lucas' bedtime routine always includes stories.
Cooking- Lucas loves to help me bake!
Sometimes the simple things can become the fondest memories. Now to do the list all over again with Adam too!
Linking up with Miriam at becoming the Mama I Want to Be.