Wednesday, March 16, 2016

WCW- Slow Cooker Broccoli Beef


With my recent diagnosis of coeliac disease, I have been on the hunt for meals that
  • are gluten free
  • are kid friendly
  • take less than 30 minutes to make or can be slow cooked
  • incorporate vegetables
  • use everyday ingredients
I think I may be on to a winner with this Slow Cooker Broccoli Beef!

Slow Cooker Broccoli Beef
500g beef chuck pieces
1⁄4 cup soy sauce (gluten free if required) 
2 tablespoons apple juice  
1 tablespoon brown sugar  
2 teaspoons sesame oil  
1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
300g spaghetti noodles (gluten free if required) 

Place the beef in the slow cooker, and add the sauce ingredients over top. Cook on high for 4-6 hours.

Turn the heat down to low for the last hour of cooking. take the meat and shred it or dice it into small pieces, then stir through the sauce to coat. 

Steam the broccoli in the microwave for 3 minutes, then add to the slow cooker. 

Cook the gluten free spaghetti according to packet directions, then drain and place in the bottom of a bowl. Top with the diced beef and broccoli, spooning extra sauce over top. 



My boys have miraculously decided that broccoli is their favourite vegetable, and I can see this on high rotation at our house as it was so easy to let the meat cook all day then do the finishing touches when we got home from after-school activities.

I am now on the lookout for more gluten free slow cooker dinners- if you have any great ones let me know in the comments!

Linking up with Tatertots and Jello and Diana Rambles!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...