Monday, August 10, 2015

Back To School Morning Routine Chart

I feel like I repeat myself at least five times every school morning, asking my son to do his jobs. I came up with the idea of creating a morning routine chart that would help him visualise his morning schedule, and also give him something tangible to use.

I started off by cutting a grid and some school morning related icons using my Cricut machine and the Chore Chart cartride. If you don't have a Cricut you can draw or cut out your own icons.



Then it was a matter of layering each image down the left hand side of the chart.



Once the images were layered and stuck down, I laminated the chart. This way, my son can tick off each colum for five days of the week. The last column will get a small sticker if he achieves the task for five days- and if each column has at least six stickers on each box at the end of the term he will earn a reward (of the Lego variety!). His jobs each morning are

  • Have breakfast
  • Get dressed
  • Help to make lunch
  • Brush teeth
  • Pack backpack



As you can see, he has already gotten into the swing of things- this morning he still has to brush his teeth but he is on the right track to earning his Lego.



This simple chart has definitely made our mornings run more smoothly, and now Lucas knows what is expected of him. He is eager to tick the items off, and his attitude in the mornings has become a lot more helpful.

How do you motivate your children on school mornings? I would love to know!

2 comments :

  1. This looks great... I really need to do something like this! My kids both go back in a week and I am dreading the mornings before school.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is featured over at Diana Rambles today as part of a Back to School Round UP and has been pinned in the Featured at Diana Rambles board at Pinterest and Twitter.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...